Brown, Smith Lead Football to 31-15 Win Over Albany

Brown, Smith Lead Football to 31-15 Win Over Albany

Brown, Smith Lead Football to 31-15 Win Over Albany

ALBANY, N.Y. – The University of Maine football team defeated Albany by the score of 31-15 on Saturday night in Albany. Maine was led by Pushaun Brown (North Brunswick, N.J.) who had 125 yards rushing and a score.

Maine got on the board first as Brown ran 33 yards for the score that completed a 4-play, 87-yard drive with 12:24 left in the first quarter.

Maine was able to keep Albany off the board, as Darlos James (Mt. Vernon, N.Y.) intercepted an Albany pass on the sideline as the Great Danes were driving in Maine territory.

The Black Bears would make it 14-0 when Smith found Justin Perillo (Wilmington, Del.) who pushed through a couple of Great Dane defenders for the score with 11:21 left in the second quarter. The touchdown completed a 5-play, 34-yard drive.

Smith would lead Maine again just before halftime, finding Maurice McDonald (Paterson, N.J.) in the back of the endzone sliding to make the catch.

Smith threw for 131 yards and two scores in the first half while Brown ran for 105 yards on 15 carries. McDonald had four catches for 55 yards while Perillo also had four grabs for 47 yards.

Maine went on a 15-play, 64 yard drive to begin the second half, and Brian Harvey (Wayland, Mass.) capped it with a 27-yard field goal with 7:44 left.

Albany would get on the board with a Dillon Romaine 1-yard touchdown rush two minutes into the fourth and try an onside kick, but Vinson Givans (Cambridge, Mass.) would recover it deep in Albany territory.

The Black Bears would get the touchdown back as Terrel Walker (Taunton, Mass.) punched it in from two yards to cap a 5-play, 36-yard drive.

Albany would respond and make it 31-15 as they converted a two-point conversion after a Justin Peterson touchdown grab from Drew Smith.

The Great Danes would try an onside kick, but it went out of bounds and Maine got the ball on the Albany 34-yardline.

The Black Bears could not convert, but took four minutes off the clock and Albany could not get any closer.


Official Store

Fan Central