#25 Maine Football Travels to Take on FBS Opponent #18/16 Northwestern
ORONO, Maine -- The University of Maine football team (3-0, 0-0 CAA) will look to move to 4-0 for the first time since 2002 at it travels to #18/16 Northwestern (3-0, 0-0 Big Ten) for the second FBS contest of the year.
- Maine is coming off a 35-22 home opener win against Bryant. In the contest, the Black Bears totaled 444 yards of offense including 263 passing yards.
- Quarterback Marcus Wasilewski threw for four TDs and ran for another, matching his career-high for TD passes in a game. For his efforts, Wasilewski was awarded a New England Football Writers' Gridiron Club of Greater Boston Gold Helmet Award as the top player last week in New England.
- Defensively, Maine was led by redshirt freshman Christophe Mulumba who had a career-high 12 tackles with a half sack and two pass breakups, earning him CAA Rookie of the Week.
- Northwestern is coming off a 38-17 win over Western Michigan to move to 3-0. The Wildcats were led by running back Treyvon Green who totaled 158 yards and two scores on the ground as Northwestern ran for a total of 332 yards.
- Maine will be playing its third overall game against member of the Big Ten Conference. The Black Bears are 0-2 all-time against the conference, dropping games at Nebraska (25-7 in 2005) and at Iowa (46-3 in 2008).
- Maine enters the weekend 2-10 all-time against FBS member schools. Maine knocked off Mississippi St. by a score of 9-7 in 2004 and most recently defeated UMass 24-14 on Sept. 7, 2013.
When: Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
Where: Evanston, Ill.
Stadium (Capacity): Ryan Field (47,130)
Kickoff: 3:30 pm EST
Series Record: First Meeting
Current Winning Streak: n/a
TOP 25 RANKINGS (FATHEAD.COM-SPORTS NETWORK/FCS COACHES)
*FBS AP Poll/USA Today Coaches Poll
Maine: Jack Cosgrove (Maine '78)
Career Record (Seasons): 114-118 (21st Season)
vs. Northwestern: 2-0
Northwestern: Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern '97)
Career Record (Seasons): 53-39 (8th season)
vs. Maine: 0-0
Big Ten Network (BTN)
Ch. 190/439 (Time Warner Cable); Ch. 610 (Direct TV); Ch. 190/792 (Dish Network) (all listings for Bangor and surrounding area)
Talent: Josh Lewin (play by play), J. Leman, Antwaan Randle-El
The game will be broadcast throughout the state of Maine on the Black Bear Sports Network. Rich Kimball (play-by-play), Bob Lucy (color) and Brian Sullivan (sideline) will handle the call of the game. Kimball and Lucy are in their 17th season of calling Black Bear football, and Saturday's game will be the 189th Black Bear football game for the duo.
Augusta WVQM-FM 101.3
Bangor WVOM-FM 103.9
Millinocket WSYY-AM 1240
Portland WLOB-AM 1310
Portland WRED-AM 1440
Rockland WVOM-AM 1450
The game can be heard live over the internet at www.GoBlackBears.com(.) Click on the "Audio & Video Tab" near the bottom of the home page to find a complete schedule of upcoming broadcasts for Black Bear football games. Live, in-game stats will also be provided at www.GoBlackBears.com(.)