Friends of Maine Hockey
Friends of Maine Hockey (FOMH)
Friends of Maine Hockey
Men's Hockey Office
5701 Alfond Arena
Orono, Maine 04469
Be a part of "The Team Behind the Team."
Join the Friends of Maine Hockey!
To My Friends, The Friends of Maine Hockey,
It is personally satisfying to have been named Head Coach at the University of Maine. The energy and enthusiasm I encountered was tremendous and, frankly, that was not a surprise. I know that many of you turned out for the press conference and the reception at Season’s and I was both appreciative and inspired.
I have already met with the Friends of Maine Hockey executive board and they have many wonderful events in the works for this summer and next season. The best thing about meeting with them was simply to witness their unbridled passions for Maine Hockey generally and for the work of the Friends more specifically.
What you can expect to see from the 2013-14 Black Bears is an up-tempo game where a combination of speed, skill, grit, and discipline will be displayed for you every night. I would be lying if I told you that I know how long it will take for us to become championship caliber again, but, what I can tell you with certainty is that we are already taking steps toward making that a reality.
Finally, as a proud alum of this program having served in a coaching role, I want to thank the Friends of Maine Hockey for all of your support past and present. What has been built here is truly special and it has been built upon the strong backs of many coaches, players, and all of you who have given so much to make Maine the greatest college hockey destination in America. Let's all get to work to make it even better!
— Red Gendron
Head Coach, University of Maine Men’s Hockey Team
FOMH Activities & Events
The Friends of Maine Hockey host, coordinate or participate in many events throughout the year for the fans, families and supporters of the Maine Hockey program.
• Post-Game Receptions
• Military Appreciation Night
• Skate With The Bears
• Youth Hockey Clinics
• Hockey 101 & Women’s Clinic
• 50/50 Raffle at every home game
• Program Sales at specific games
• Welcome Table at every home game
• Annual Parent’s Brunch
• Senior Night
• Annual Maine Hockey Awards Banquet
and other new events coming this season! Watch for news of the FOMH activities in the FOMH EBlasts!
The FOMH will also participate in the following community events:
• Bangor/Brewer Fourth of July Parade
• Senior World Series in Bangor
• UMaine Alumni Craft Fair in November
Be sure to wave or stop by our booths— we love to talk about Maine Hockey!
What YOU can do to support the team:
If you would like to volunteer at these and other events, please check the volunteer box on the membership form. You can volunteer as often as you wish, either behind the scenes or at the events. The FOMH Board of Directors welcomes your assistance, whether it is for event set-up, contacting supporters, selling, baking, staffing or creating! The FOMH volunteer brigade is important to thesuccess of the Maine Hockey program and truly is the “Team Behind The Team!”
Your FOMH membership works... for the team!
Your membership contribution will go directly and exclusively to the Men’s Ice Hockey Program to help fund summer classes, equipment, team travel, recruiting expenses and more!
• During Fall 2012, Maine Hockey had the highest GPA (3.37) in team history and 22 players had a 3.0 GPA or higher!
• The Spring 2013 semester marked the 12th consecutive semester the team has posted an overall GPA above a 3.0. Over 50% of our student-athletes take at least one summer class each year.
FOMH helps pay for their tuition and continue their quest for academic excellence.
• The Black Bears go through over 500 hockey sticks each season. Your membership helps the players shoot and score!
• Proper nutrition and training is important to our athletes. Our hockey players consume over 2,000 bananas and 3,700 nutritional shakes each season. A typical pre-game meal on the road costs
our hockey program over $750! FOMH helps pick up the tab for the team.
• Our coaches must travel around the country and around the world in search of elite student-athletes for our team. FOMH helps our coaching staff cover the costs of recruiting.
Individual $50 [Tax deductible to the extent of the law]
Family $100 [Tax deductible to the extent of the law]
A family membership is good for up to 4 family members living in the same household. Each additional family member may join for $20 each.
Options available to FOMH Members
Cost in addition to your Membership above. These options are not tax deductible.
Monday Night Insiders (MNI)
Monday Night Insiders allows you to attend six monthly meetings (October – March) held at Season’s Grille & Sports Lounge in Bangor. The meetings include video analysis of game film and Q&A with Coach Gendron and players. Light snacks and a cash bar are available. You may order dinner during the meeting or afterwards while watching the live radio show!
MNI $100 per person in addition to FOMH Membership
Center Ice Club (CIC)
Center Ice Club allows you to attend all MNI meetings and gives
you admission to the Alfond Family Lounge for all the regular-season home games. You may enter the lounge 30 minutes prior to the game, between periods, and after the game. Catered food is served and a cash bar is available for the purchase of drinks, including alcoholic beverages. Children ages 6 and older must have their own membership card for admission. Guests, when accompanied by a paid CIC member and as space allows, will be charged $20 per game. FOMH reserves the right to limit entry.
CIC $125 per person in addition to FOMH Membership
Corporate Center Ice Club
Corporate CIC includes all of the benefits of CIC. You will receive 4
(four) CIC passes to each regular-season home game that may be given to guests of your choosing. In addition, you will receive an advertisement, or mention of your name, in the FOMH Annual Publication and/or EBlasts AND 2 (two) complimentary tickets to a FOMH Cocktail Party.
Corporate CIC $750 in addition to FOMH Membership
Super Fan! includes all of the benefits of Corporate CIC PLUS 2 (two) complimentary tickets to the Parents’ Brunch. This is typically attended by just the players, their families and FOMH Board members. If you wish to become a Super Fan – we would love to have you join us!
Super Fan! $1,000 in addition to FOMH Membership
All Individual & Family FOMH Members Receive...
• Membership Card, one FOMH Pin and one FOMH Fan item. If we receive your Registration Form by August 31, 2013 your Fan Item will be personalized with your last name!
• Top Shelf Annual Publication and informative EBlasts throughout the season with the latest information on the team, special events, feature articles, Q & A’s, photos and more!
• One free admission per Membership Card to our two Post-Game Receptions (November & February)
• Black Bear Club Discount Card for 15% off purchases at Bear Necessities for memberships of $100 or more
Please feel free to contact Wendy Frost, FOMH Membership Chairperson at 207-266-5143 or email email@example.com