ORONO, Maine -- Head Coach Susan Lizzotte and the University of Maine Swimming and Diving program have announced their annual team awards, recognizing those student-athletes who achieved beyond expectations in the pool, classroom and the community. The eight award categories were announced at the team's annual banquet held last Sunday afternoon.
- The most valuable swimmers were Naja Harvey (Orono, Minn.) and Matt England (Bangor, Maine)
- The most improved swimmers were Cece Mceachern (Ellsworth, Maine), Ben Hebert (South Berwick, Maine) and David Vittori (South Berwick, Maine).
- The Chandler Comeback award was awarded to Lauren Joliat (Fayetteville, N.C.) and Kenny Regan (Hollis, N.H.).
- Naja Harvey (Orono, Minn.) and Robbie Bickford (Milford, Maine) were each awarded the Palmer Plaque for Academic Excellence.
- Hayli Weitz was awarded the Miller Diving award.
- Becca Bonnett (Bath, Maine) received the Senior Service Award.
- Taylor Sharp (Burlington, Ontario) and John Carlucci (Danbury, Conn.) received the Erin Woolley Memorial Award. The Erin Woolley Memorial Award will be awarded annually in memory of Erin Woolley (1984-2010), who was a member of the swimming and diving team from 2002-2006. Woolley never failed to brighten the day with her spirit, spunk and zest for life in and out of the pool. Her dedication led to inspiring performances, often as "lead dog" at America East. She left us far too soon, but her memory and character are forever in our hearts. The Erin Woolley Memorial Award will be awarded annually to an underclass member of the team that best embodies the contributions that Woolley made to the program.